Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I Have Returned


I’m back!

Sorta.

Kinda…

Maybe!

I’ll explain… sorta… kinda… maybe!

Okay, I’m done with the sorta, kindas, and maybes (kinda… sorta… maybe… nooo stop it fingers!  Y u no type right?)  …See?  Reason #73 I should never write when I’m tired, hungry, or hopped up on sugar.  And I’m not even tired or hyper right now, just really hungry.

ANYWAYS.  To the point.  I’m back.  Just not in the same way was before!

I’ve been in some scary places the past few months.  To the State of Waiting for Some Exciting Things To Happen.  To the Land of Creating a New Blog and a journey to Discovering a New Blog Does Not Mean One Automatically Creates Brilliant Posts.  I’ve been to Infinity!  And Beyond!

Yes, I did create a new blog.  One of the reasons was because this one was connected to my Etsy store.  Not only was my Etsy site failing miserably, I hate selling things (I mean, apart from souls… kidding, kidding – I’m a ginger, I don’t have one.)  I guess one of the reasons I hate selling things is because I hate having things sold to me.  If I want to buy something, I’ll buy it, if not, well, I hardly doubt you can convince me.  It was really hard for me to try to recruit people to buy things from my shop, and I felt like all my posts here had to relate to what I was trying to sell, you know, to build a fan base or something like that... and somehow I didn't think book reviews and life rants fit into that.

Of course, when I got my new blog I discovered a few things.  1) A new name does not necessarily mean I got new (more regular, witty, and interesting) posting habits. 2) I really love the custom template I’ve made here (what?  I like pretty things!)  3)  I still need a reason to post.  And the reason for having a blog is everything.

Recently I had an epiphany while writing (a whole ‘nother post there), but the basic premise was this: I have to write because I love to write.  I decided the same was true for blogging.  I have to blog because I love to do it.  I can’t blog to sell things (goes against my personality), I can’t blog to inform other people (because, then I’m just another informative blog in a sea of millions), and I can’t blog to aid my future career (because, well, I don’t exactly know what that will be.  And I’m sure this is nowhere near professional enough.  I mean, just look at that introduction!)  All those things could be side benefits – but they can’t be the main reason!

So, yes, I’m back!  What does this mean?  When I have something to post, I will.  I love writing book reviews, so you’ll get some of those.  I love making handmade cards and writing letters to heroes, so you’ll get some posts about that.  I love being nonsensical and writing about random things that happen to me.  I’m going to be very busy in the next few weeks, months, and years, as I am starting a new chapter of my life.  That means I can’t promise to have weekly posts on a certain theme or host bloghops or do anything that a professional, real blogger would do.  It just means that when I have something to say, I will!

I have a few book reviews in reserve, so I will try to set those to post automatically (since I’m sure I’ll forget.  Hey, I may be back, but that doesn’t mean I suddenly have great memory retrieval tricks.)  I also have some Word documents with rants about writing, Doctor Who, internet memes, and glitter-phobia (intrigued?)

I will end this post not with goodbye, but with a hello!  And an allons-y!

P.S. Rereading this (and going all Grammar Nazi on it and stuff) I realize that I've used a lot of exclamation points.  This bothers me grammatically, but the perpetually cheerful side of me can't bear to delete a single one.  So I'm keeping them!  Just thought I would apologize for those that were also bothered.  Feel free to post a long exclamation point free comment to counter the excess of them in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I love to hear from my readers:
*Thoughts related to the post
*Thoughts not related to the post
*Grammatical corrections (if you see I used "your" the wrong way, please, feel free to go Grammar Nazi on me!)
*Books, music, and movie suggestions
*Offers of a lifetime supply of origami paper
*Doctor Who rants